Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Henrys Feb 2010

Finally a day of fishing on the Henry's Fork in Idaho. We like to hit this part of the river in the winter time because the fish get stacked up in one area and not allot of people are out in the cold. The day started out with a little fun getting stuck in the truck and having to put on chains eventually to get the truck out. Thank goodness we did have chains or it could have been a really long day. The weather was also interesting, at the start of the day it was very overcast and there was supposed to be a storm coming in. So much for the storm, it turned out to be very sunny and nice and warm for Idaho, it was probably about 33 degrees. The fishing was good as well everyone caught fish some more than others but I think if we added all of the fish up that was caught for the day we would have somewhere between 100 to 125 fish caught for the group. Granted most of those fish were small and Rob likes to pad his numbers but what can I say it was a good day. As usual the rubber leg fly worked well along with different kinds of midge patterns. To top off the trip on the way back to the truck we could see the Tetons sticking up out of the clouds. And of course a fishing trip to Idaho would not be complete without a stay at G and G bed and breakfast. Good times had by all.













1 comment:

  1. fishin the good lifeFebruary 9, 2010 at 8:38 AM

    Great pics Dave, but what is this about me fabricating numbers?? I am bringing one of them golf shot counters with me next time so I can have an accurate reading of fish I catch. Also, my definition of fish caught is hooked and visual, not landed. I figure quick release is better than playing with them for 20 mins.

    ReplyDelete