Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weber River


This last Saturday I had the bug to go fishing. I know Idaho is best for this, but sometimes you have to settle for something a little bit closer. So Chase and I went and fished the Weber river right at the mouth of Weber Canyon. It was a really nice day weather wise, the sun was out, not allot of wind, you get the picture. Well we ended up catching 4 fish total, three browns and one rainbow. The water was a little low but there were still some holes to fish, the only problem was that there was only one fish per hole, at least that is what our story is. It was still nice to get out and get the line wet. Not bad for only being 15 min from my house. We took the picture with my cell phone, that is all we had, but it took a desent picture. We might have to try this place latter in the season to see if we can catch more fish. I did screen the river and there were plenty of bugs in the river, they looked like really small stone flys maybe in a size 14, so we used copper johns and pheasant tails, I think a hairsear would have worked well also.

No comments:

Post a Comment